Making a recap on 2015, I feel really glad that what took place did happen because it is one year I would have lived the same way if I were to be given another option.
- In the beginning of 2015, I was newly single and it was truly tough to get through all the memories of the past. I was still in Singapore and many places reminded me of the relationship I had. I was so broken but I tried the best I could to gather my courage and strength to continue focusing on the other aspects and people in my life. I did become closer to my friends, live an even healthier life with evening jogs almost every day and super focused on my studies.
- In March, I was super busy with my examinations of my first year in Singapore. I spent many week days and weekends in the libraries around Singapore. My study buddies, Mika and JV really helped me through out these periods. We spent most of our days together and I saw Mika every other day until her boyfriend probably suspected that we're gay! Hahaha, good times nevertheless. We would mug in the library for about 8 hours and then treat ourselves to a good meal at the restaurants nearby the MRT stations.
- In April, I was super busy with the exams period and obviously my routine of studying was even more rampant. I spent a lot of time with my roomie too because I knew I would be changing school by the end quarter of the year and I would miss her. I ran a lot still to Botanic Gardens even cos I love the nature and taking a walk/ stroll in a park helps relief my head. I love beaches, trees, greens, waterfalls, mountains, wtv.
- In May, exams were here and it was a battlefield. Of course the routine of studying can't stop but I also spent a lot of money re-fueling up with good food around Singapore. The food trips were super fun obviously!
- In June, I left for my volunteer and trip in the Europe. It was one of the best experiences in my life and I wouldn't trade that for anything else. It was tiring in many ways, unfamiliar and tough but as the saying goes, 'when the going gets tough, the tough gets going'. I became more alert and cautious travelling alone. I am so so grateful for the friendships, and life experiences I could tell my grandchildren next time. I also reached my target of travelling to 20 cities this year which 12 of them were in the Europe.
- In Aug, I came back to Malaysia and was diagnosed with a growth in my chest. It was sudden, nerve-wrecking and negative altogether. But after getting tested, there wasn't a more relief person than me in the world. I was advised to remove the lump to prevent future complications. I had 4 months to prepare for the surgery mentally and I believe it did help.
- End of Aug, I flew to Hong Kong to begin another chapter of my life. This is one decision I made for myself and my education experience. I was not happy about the learning experience in SIM at all and made this change. It was a complicated decision in timing wise especially. The positive side is I haven't turned back since. I am super satisfied with my productivity in HK and I think the vast opportunities really pushed me beyond my comfort zone.
- In Dec, I was thankful I survived university semester 1 in HK and cannot be more glad that it all ended on quite a bright note. In between, i received an award for my uni results in Singapore, tried out dragon boat team training, joined a council with other Malaysians in Hong Kong, explored many food places in Hong Kong, made some local friends who brought me to local events, received training from the case analysis team in school and some fun here and there. I think I made the best choice going to Hong Kong for university.
- Somewhere in the same year, I also began again with him. I am happy my loved ones who matters most to me supported me through this in different ways, especially my parents. I want the best for us and I know it will not be easy, because nothing is.
I had a really productive year in 2015 and I want to make this another best! I have 5 resolutions this year and they are :
- Productive days - I should do something no matter what it is. I want to be literate in Mandarin because I am Chinese.
- Healthier Lifestyle - I want to be eating more veggies and fruits in university and I wanna run at least 4 times a week no matter how hectic/ busy the schedule is.
- Do internships - Learn from scratch to pursue the ambitions I wish to achieve in a firm
- Maintain my relationships better by constantly keeping in touch, making time and going to visit.
- Travel even more and (hopefully) get my scuba diving license!
Happy (belated) New Year, guys!